Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- displayed or performed, given to third parties, and stored in a database
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Agriculture, Food and Veterinary
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Business and Economics
- OAR@ICRISAT holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, and registered students of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of OAR@ICRISAT, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- If OAR@ICRISAT receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- OAR@ICRISAT will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- OAR@ICRISAT is working with external partners to:
- convert or migrate file formats
- develop and implement software emulations for old file formats
- record preservation metadata
- backup items in external archives
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- In the event of OAR@ICRISAT being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.
|We consult Sherpa/RoMEO - database of publisher's policies regarding the self- archiving of journal articles in Open Access repositories