Impacts of Improved Groundnut Varieties in India

Deb, U K and Bantilan, M C S and Nigam, S N (2005) Impacts of Improved Groundnut Varieties in India. In: Impact of Agricultural Research: Post-Green Revolution Evidence from India. National Centre for Agricultural Economics and Policy Research and International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India, pp. 141-152.

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
Download (35kB) | Preview

Abstract

India is the largest producer of groundnut in the world. About 88% of the groundnut area and production in India is concentrated in five states: Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra. Nearly 83% of the total area is under rainy-season groundnut and the other 17% is cultivated during the postrainy season. During 1995-98, groundnut was grown in India over 7.47 Mha with a total production of 8.02 Mt (CMIE 2000). However, the past three decades have.............

Item Type: Book Section
Divisions: UNSPECIFIED
CRPS: UNSPECIFIED
Subjects: Mandate crops > Groundnut
Depositing User: Mr Sanat Kumar Behera
Date Deposited: 27 Oct 2011 12:15
Last Modified: 18 Mar 2013 08:42
URI: http://oar.icrisat.org/id/eprint/3215
Links:

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item